Short Biography, facts and interesting information about Thomas Aquinas - the life of one of the famous people who lived during the Medieval times
Famous as one of the greatest the Medieval theologians of the Catholic Church
Short Biography about the life of Thomas Aquinas
The following biography, short history and interesting facts provide helpful information for history courses and history coursework about the life and history of Thomas Aquinas a famous Medieval character of historical importance who lived during the Middle Ages:
- Country of Origin / Nationality: Italian
- Also Known by the Nickname: Doctor Angelicus, Doctor Universalis, Angelic Doctor
- Lifetime: c1227-1274
- Born: He was born c.1227 at the Castle of Roccasecca, near Aquino, Italy. His exact date of birth is unknown
- Family connections : He was the son of Count Landulf and Countess Theadora of Theate
- Education: The University of Paris. He was the student of Albertus Magnus
- Died: Thomas Aquinas died on 7 March 1274
- Accomplishments and Achievements or why Thomas Aquinas was famous: One of the greatest theologians of the Catholic Church
- Thomas Aquinas was pronounced a saint by Pope John XXII on 18 July 1323
The story and biography of Thomas Aquinas which contains interesting information, facts & the history about the life of this Medieval person of historical importance. There were many famous scholastics, or "schoolmen," but easily the foremost among them was the Italian monk, Thomas Aquinas. He taught at Paris, Cologne, Rome, and Bologna, and became so celebrated for learning as to be known as the "Angelic Doctor." Though Aquinas died at an early age, he left behind him no less than eighteen folio volumes. His Summa Theologiae ("Compendium of Theology"), as the name indicates, gathered up all that the Middle Ages believed of the relations between God and man. The Roman Church has placed him among her saints and still recommends the study of his writings as the foundation of all sound theology.
Famous Medieval People - Thomas Aquinas
Interesting facts and information with a short biography about the Medieval Life, Times and history of Thomas Aquinas. Additional useful details, facts, history, biography, timeline and information about the lives of other famous people of the Dark Ages and Middle Ages, and the important events which occurred during their times, can be accessed via the Medieval Life and Times Sitemap. The content of this article on Medieval life and times provides free educational details, facts and information for reference and research for schools, colleges and homework for history courses and history coursework.