Matilda of Boulogne
Facts and interesting information about famous Medieval Women, specifically a short biography of
Matilda of Boulogne and her Medieval Life and Times
Famous as the wife and Queen of King Stephen
Short Biography about the life of Matilda of Boulogne
The Medieval Times encompass one of the most exciting periods in the History of England and Europe. The names of famous Kings scatter the Medieval History books and other historical documents. But behind every famous King of the Middle Ages was a Medieval Queen or Princess. Who were the wives of these famous Kings? Who were the queens or princesses who married the Middle Ages Kings of England? A medieval Queen or Princess. These Queens and Princesses shared the most powerful positions with their husbands and many held extremely important influence over their sons. The English Medieval Queens and Princesses of the Middle Ages cover the periods from 1066 - 1485. The following biography, short history and interesting facts provide helpful information for history courses and history coursework about the life of Matilda of Boulogne a Medieval Queen in England during the Medieval times and era.
Matilda of Boulogne
- Name and/or Title: Queen Matilda of Boulogne
- Married: King Stephen of England
- Close family connections or relatives: Matilda of Boulogne was the daughter of Eustace III, Count of Boulogne and his wife Princess Mary of Scotland
- Title: Her title was Queen of England
- Lifetime: This famous woman lived from 1105 - 1152
- Important historical events during her life: Her husband King Stephen promised that his nephew Henry should reign instead of their own son after his death
Famous Medieval Queen of the Middle Ages - Matilda of Boulogne
Interesting facts and information with a short biography about the Medieval Life, Times and history of Matilda of Boulogne. Additional useful details, facts, history, biography, timeline and information about the lives of other famous people of the Dark Ages and Middle Ages, and the important events which occurred during their times, can be accessed via the Medieval Life and Times Sitemap. The content of this article on Medieval life and times provides free educational details, facts and information for reference and research for schools, colleges and homework for history courses and history coursework.