Good Queen Maude
Facts and interesting information about famous Medieval Women, specifically a short biography of
Good Queen Maude and her Medieval Life and Times
Famous as the devout Queen and wife of King Henry I of England
Short Biography about the life of Good Queen Maude
The Medieval Times encompass one of the most exciting periods in the History of England and Europe. The names of famous Kings scatter the Medieval History books and other historical documents. But behind every famous King of the Middle Ages was a Medieval Queen or Princess. Who were the wives of these famous Kings? Who were the queens or princesses who married the Middle Ages Kings of England? A medieval Queen or Princess. These Queens and Princesses shared the most powerful positions with their husbands and many held extremely important influence over their sons. The English Medieval Queens and Princesses of the Middle Ages cover the periods from 1066 - 1485. The following biography, short history and interesting facts provide helpful information for history courses and history coursework about the life of Good Queen Maude a Medieval Queen in England during the Medieval times and era.
Good Queen Maude
- Name and/or Title: Good Queen Maude - she was originally named Edith but changed her name in deference to her mother-in-law
- Married: King Henry I on November 11, 1100
- Lifetime: This famous woman lived from c.1080-May 1, 1118
- Close family connections or relatives: She was the daughter of Malcolm Greathead, King of Scotland, and of a lady of the old English royal line
- Title: Her title was Queen of England
- Children: William Adelin , who died when young and Maude (Latin name was Matilda) who became Queen Matilda of England
- Facts about her life: Good Queen Maude was renowned for her devotion to religion and the poor
Famous Medieval Queen of the Middle Ages - Good Queen Maude
Interesting facts and information with a short biography about the Medieval Life, Times and history of Good Queen Maude. Additional useful details, facts, history, biography, timeline and information about the lives of other famous people of the Dark Ages and Middle Ages, and the important events which occurred during their times, can be accessed via the Medieval Life and Times Sitemap. The content of this article on Medieval life and times provides free educational details, facts and information for reference and research for schools, colleges and homework for history courses and history coursework.