Facts and interesting information about famous Medieval Women, specifically a short biography of
Elizabeth Woodville and her Medieval Life and Times
Famous as the beautiful but scheming Queen and wife of King Edward IV of England
Short Biography about the life of Elizabeth Woodville
The Medieval Times encompass one of the most exciting periods in the History of England and Europe. The names of famous Kings scatter the Medieval History books and other historical documents. But behind every famous King of the Middle Ages was a Medieval Queen or Princess. Who were the wives of these famous Kings? Who were the queens or princesses who married the Middle Ages Kings of England? A medieval Queen or Princess. These Queens and Princesses shared the most powerful positions with their husbands and many held extremely important influence over their sons. The English Medieval Queens and Princesses of the Middle Ages cover the periods from 1066 - 1485. The following biography, short history and interesting facts provide helpful information for history courses and history coursework about the life of Elizabeth Woodville a Medieval Queen in England during the Medieval times and era.
Medieval Queens and Princesses - Elizabeth Woodville
- Name and/or Title: Elizabeth Woodville
- Married: King Edward IV on May 1, 1464
- Close family connections or relatives: Elizabeth Woodville was the daughter of Sir Richard Woodville (later made first Earl Rivers) and Jacquetta of Luxembourg
- Title: Her title was Queen consort of England
- Lifetime: This famous woman lived from c. 1437-1492. She was originally a maid of honor to Margaret of Anjou the Queen of Henry VI
- Famous children: Elizabeth of York (1466-1503) and the two little princes - Edward V (1470- c. 1483) and Richard, 1st Duke of York (1473 - c. 1483)
- Facts about her life: Elizabeth Woodville was renowned for her ambitious and scheming nature and the blatant favor she gave to her relatives
- Important historical events during her life: The Wars of the Roses (1455 - 1485). King Edward IV was a notorious womaniser. She was the mother of the tragic 'Princes in the Tower'.
Famous Medieval Queen of the Middle Ages - Elizabeth Woodville
Interesting facts and information with a short biography about the Medieval Life, Times and history of Elizabeth Woodville. Additional useful details, facts, history, biography, timeline and information about the lives of other famous people of the Dark Ages and Middle Ages, and the important events which occurred during their times, can be accessed via the Medieval Life and Times Sitemap. The content of this article on Medieval life and times provides free educational details, facts and information for reference and research for schools, colleges and homework for history courses and history coursework.