Short Biography, facts and interesting information about Albertus Magnus - the life of one of the famous people who lived during the Medieval times
German philosopher and theologian
The Medieval Times encompass one of the most exciting periods in the History of England and Europe. The names of many famous Medieval people scatter the Medieval History books and other historical documents. Why were these important Medieval people famous and what did they accomplish? Famous Medieval people of the Middle Ages included Artists, Clerics, Crusaders, Explorers, Religious Leaders, Military Leaders, Philosophers & Theologians, Scientists, Physicians, Writers & Poets and Reformers who featured in the Medieval times of the Middle Ages from 1066 - 1485. The following biography, short history and interesting facts provide helpful information for history courses and history coursework about the key dates and events in the life of Albertus Magnus who was famous as a German philosopher and theologian.
Short Biography about the life of Albertus Magnus
The following biography, short history and interesting facts provide helpful information for history courses and history coursework about the life and history of Albertus Magnus a famous Medieval character of historical importance who lived during the Middle Ages:
- Country of Origin / Nationality: German
- Also Known as: Saint Albert the Great and Albert of Cologne
- Lifetime: 1193 – 1280
- Born: He was born in 1193, his exact date of birth is unknown
- Family connections : He was a member of a wealthy noble family from Lauingen, Bavaria, Germany
- Childhood, early life and education: Padua and with Dominican Monks
- Occupation and Career: Albertus Magnus became a Dominican monk and teacher. His most famous pupil was Thomas Aquinas
- In 1260 Albertus Magnus was made Bishop of Regensburg by Pope Alexander IV
- Albertus Magnus introduced the scientific treatises of Aristotle and the scientific method to Europe
- Died: Albertus Magnus died on November 15, 1280 in Cologne
- Albertus Magnus was beatified in 1622 and Canonized 1931
- In 1941 he was declared the patron saint of all who cultivate the natural sciences by Pope Pius XII
- Accomplishments and Achievements or why Albertus Magnus was famous: German Philosopher & Theologian, Scientist and Saint
The story and biography of Albertus Magnus which contains interesting information, facts & the history about the life of this Medieval person of historical importance.
Famous Medieval People - Albertus Magnus
Interesting facts and information with a short biography about the Medieval Life, Times and history of Albertus Magnus. Additional useful details, facts, history, biography, timeline and information about the lives of other famous people of the Dark Ages and Middle Ages, and the important events which occurred during their times, can be accessed via the Medieval Life and Times Sitemap. The content of this article on Medieval life and times provides free educational details, facts and information for reference and research for schools, colleges and homework for history courses and history coursework.